BBC Arabic (Learning English) has a dedicated bilingual radio programme aimed at teaching English to native Arab speakers. As an Arabic learner yourself, you may benefit hugely from listening to this interactive programme where the host (an Arabic speaker) interviews a guest (an English speaker) in English about a particular news item. The interview is then interpreted in Arabic immediately by the host.
اليوم فى بي بي سي أكسترا إنجليش دوج يتحدث إلى رشا عن عدد الطلاب فى الفصول الدراسية فى المدارس البريطانية
Today Doug and Rasha are talking about class sizes.
Here in Britain state schools have a class size of 30 students. But is that too many?
Many teachers say that it is, but not everyone agrees. In some schools with large classses the teacher is helped by a classroom assistant. In this way individual students get more attention.
We asked people what they thought the ideal class size is.
Here are some of their comments:
– I don’t think one person can look after 30 children properly and give them the right amount of attention.
– I think class sizes should be smaller, probably about 15 students.
– I would say that 30 is too big.
ما حجم الفصل الدراسى أينما تعيش؟ ماهو متوسط عدد التلاميذ فى تلك الفصول؟
- class sizes : عدد الطلاب فى الفصل
- a classroom assistant : مساعد تدريس فى الفصل
- attention : إنتباه
- the ideal class size : الحجم المثالى للفصل الدراسي
Source of Realia
Your Feedback and Comments
- How did you find this activity?
- Did it help you improve your understanding of Arabic?
If you have enjoyed reading this post, we welcome your comments, ideas and suggestions for improvements.
To leave a comment about V-Arabic realia resources, go to FEEDBACK & SUGGESTIONS