BBC Arabic (Learning English) has a dedicated bilingual radio programme aimed at teaching English to native Arab speakers.
As an Arabic learner yourself, you may benefit hugely from listening to this interactive programme where the host (an Arabic speaker) interviews a guest (an English speaker) in English about a particular news item. The interview is then interpreted in Arabic immediately by the host.
Read the following article before listening to the podcast:
Today Kaz and Louay talk about controlling your anger.
A new study says that controlling your anger helps the body repair itself. It speeds up the healing process.
100 participants were given blisters on their arms and asked to fill in a questionnaire on how well they controlled their temper. Then scientists studied the speed of recovery.
The hot-headed people took longer to heal.
If you can’t control your temper your produce higher levels of the stress hormone cortisol, which in turn affects the healing process.
We hear some anger control techniques including meditation, walking away and biting your lip.
Do you have a bad temper? How do you control it?
هل لديك طبع و مزاج حاد؟ و كيف تقوم بالسيطرة علي غضبك
‘Anger control’ key to recovery – BBC News
Listen to the programme :
- controlling your anger : السيطرة علي غضبك
- the healing process : عملية الشفاء
- blisters : تورم جلدي خفيف – بثرة مائيه
- the speed of recovery : سرعة التماثل للشفاء
- hot-headed people : الناس الذين مزاجهم حاد و يغضبون بسرعة
- to heal : أن يُشفي
- stress hormone : الهرمون المسبب للقلق و الإجهاد
- anger control techniques :طرق و أساليب للسيطرة علي الغضب
- meditation : التأمل و التفكر
- biting your lip :عض الشفاه
Source of Realia:
- BBC Arabic – Learn English – تعليم الإنجليزي