Audacity is a free, open source software for recording and editing sounds including steaming audio from online Arabic Radio and TV stations.
If you are learning Arabic, try recording yourself on digital-audio format to develop your fluency, then share it with your tutor and classmates .
- Record a spontaneous talk about yourself, your interests, your weekly routine etc…
- Record your written assignments if you are studying a specialised topic (e.g. Midlle Eastern and Islamic studies)
- Then replay it and critically analyse the recording
- Preferably with the help of your peers or even your teacher, identify any mistakes in pronunciation, grammar, use of language, choice of vocabulary, etc…
- Taking into account the corrections made, repeat the recording process and find out how to say what you wanted to say fluently and accurately.
To convert your audio files into MP3 format, you need to download an MP3 encoding software
To learn how to use Audacity, watch the following tutorial:
Download MP3 encoding software
Watch this tutorial
Audio Recorder for Free 9.4
Audio Recorder for Free is real-time, sound-recording software that lets you record any sound from your sound card and save the recording directly to MP3, WMA, or WAV files. It supports input from a microphone, streaming audio from the Internet, and audio from external input devices (CDs, LPs, audio cassettes, phone lines), as well as audio from other applications, such as Winamp and Media Player. With a built-in, advanced, audio-recording engine, the recorder produces high-quality recordings. With predefined recording qualities, you can set and manage recording parameters.
Find out more
Download Audio Recorder dor Free 9.4